Saturday, February 05, 2011

Wii have made progress!

We bought ourselves a Wii Fit Plus around the holidays and we've been enjoying it quite a bit. It's got some yoga moves, some cardio (go, hula hoop!) and some balance games (at which I consistently fail miserably). We've both been having fun and playing a little when we find some free time, but we're mostly using it as a convenient weight tracker. Since we started this, I have been putting up with the stupid on-screen animated balance board and its irritating electronic voice saying sadly "that's overweight" with every damn weigh-in. Judgemental bitch.

Today, for the first time, the voice said... "that's normal"! It's probably a fluke, but I am trending downwards, which is wonderful. I'm trying really hard to make better choices, and ending up really hungry a lot of the time, but at least it's working. For now I'm just doing the occasional yoga move or fake Wii bike ride, and watching TV while sitting on my giant exercise ball instead of the couch. Once the spring gets here I'll be outdoors more often and start exercising for real. Maybe. I hope. I have a goal to reach, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment