Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well, I'm back.

It's been a long month. August, I have decided, is my least favorite month. It's too hot, for starters, and then this particular August went and kicked my ass. An earthquake, a hurricane, a friend fighting cancer, a cat peeing on everything, a switch to evening shift, two gradually deteriorating grandmothers, a tree on the house and no power for a week, and a goodbye to my dear Tio. Can I get a break, please?

I survived, which is pretty awesome, but I'm a little worn out. I know other people have it worse and I'm trying to maintain that perspective and not come across as a whiny brat, but it's not always easy. I'm trying to figure out how to make my life work now that I'm back on the evening shift. It makes it harder to stay in touch with everyone back home, because I can't call them at midnight. I'm not quite sure yet how the day-to-day routine will go, because this is the first week I'm doing this for real - first I had houseguests, then I worked a couple of early shifts, then the power went out and I was at my mother-in-law's every night after work so I could eat and shower. So, I guess the learning curve starts now.

Hopefully now that I'm climbing back out from under my dark little cloud, I can keep up with my posts here a little better. That's the plan, anyway. I probably won't bother reviewing any of the books I read over the past month, because just thinking about catching up is overwhelming. Maybe I'll make up a list and then if there's any interest I can expand on some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment